Monday, May 14, 2012

Some Favorite Things

After waking sleeping girls this morning and sitting down to breakfast with them, I pulled down our big calendar and some Unifix cubes.  I counted how many more days of school were left, chose summer colors, and put together 27 cubes.  We pulled one off and decided it would be our morning tradition for the next 26 school days to combat our anti-school-morning feelings.  The girls loved it.


Yesterday I hung our new canvass.  It's a 16X20 photo of the Savior showing the prints in His hands.  My sister brought it out to us explaining that it was a company error and was an extra canvass in their home.  The company printed the wrong photograph, replaced it with the correct one she ordered, but told her to keep this one.  We were the lucky recipients.  As religious as we are (and we are very), we have yet to have a picture of the Savior in our home.  I think I was waiting for some extra money, and the right one to come along (large, framed prints can be expensive).  Anyway, this was perfect, and every time I look at it, it reminds me of the values I need to emulate.


Michelle was also getting rid of this cute Pottery Barn shelf, and we were happy to receive it.  It looks great in Heather's room and will help hold some of her literature collections (don't know where she gets that need from).  We left the shelf supports up from her old shelf when Kelly jokingly suggested it so he wouldn't have to drill so many drywall screws into the wall.  We tried it, and I thought it blended well with the cottage look of her desk and bed.  It's a keeper!


Jenna made a soccer shelf in her room, and it's really cute.  I don't know what we'll do if she adds more trophies, but for now, it's just perfect for her and makes her happy.

No comments: