Thursday, January 26, 2012

What we're up to...

Our Stake (church) is having their "Big Show" this spring (yes, it's only been 2.5 years instead of 3 since our last in the fall of 2009). This means it's show time in the Peterson household. I've been busy helping with auditions and preparation for our first rehearsals which begin tonight. The show is a family affair with Kelly on single dad duty and the girls taking on the responsibility of getting homework finished and getting to bed at a good time.

Everyone is doing well, including myself--I had to make sure this time around didn't result in my house and family running on "fly-by-the-seat-of-the-pants" mode. I'm trying to get dishes done every night and clutter managed along with frequent laundry loads. I've had a shift recently wherein I am not willing to sacrifice so much for the cause anymore. I'm normally an all or nothing gal, but now, I'm working on tempering that so that I can participate and not feel like my family has to go without a wife and mother for six weeks. A lot of it has to do with my managing time wisely, and that has been a challenge for me for a while. We'll see how it goes.

No comments: