Monday, July 1, 2013

Lyell Canyon, Day 2








The hike into Lyell Canyon was beautiful!  The meadows were amazing, and the water in the river was crystal clear.  Everyone did pretty well except for me, but I made it.  Hiking at 9,000 feet is a little strenuous, and I could have done more to get in shape.  The altitude got me, and I ended up with a headache, but I persevered.  The headache went away as soon as the pack was off and I was able to rest my shoulders for a few minutes.  I do think we need to stop calling backpacking a "vacation" because it's really a lot of work!  Anyway, we couldn't have asked for more beautiful scenery, and when we found our camping spot and set up camp, Kelly caught some fish right away.  We fried them up for dinner, and Jenna thought it was pretty tasty even if she had to keep telling herself it was just chicken.  Hee, hee.

No comments: