Thursday, April 8, 2010

Spring Break Day 4 - Friends & Play

Angie, Daisy and Landon came over today to hang out. We see them during long holiday breaks and in the summer, so it's quite a treat. Daisy and Heather decided to play dress up, and here they are modeling their Babushka look...

We joined Michelle and the Holbrook clan at Soup Plantation for lunch. It was Shelly's 40th today! Happy Birthday!

After saying good-bye to friends, taking a short nap (mom and dad) and getting a little video game time in (kids), we drove to Subway to pick up dinner, and then we were off to eat at the park. We had intended to do a beach afternoon, but it was windy and considerably cooler than yesterday. The park (Plavan) proved the perfect spot with it's different play areas and larger equipment perfect for taller kids.

Heather spun Jenna in circles on the tire swing for quite some time.

Dad gave several pushes on the swing. I'm glad no one fell off or hit the bars. Oddly, Jenna had to sit down minutes later because she wasn't feeling well. It might have been the spinning and swinging?

Lauren joined us and we all participated in a game of Ball Tag. The only pic of myself was of my bottom which Jenna captured while resting in her chair. I promptly deleted it, but everyone in our party will vouch that I was running amuck with the kids.

Kelly is contemplating his next move. I don't think our girls knew that they had two highly competitive parents in the two of us. I think they were shocked to see how fast their mom and dad could run!

The girls watched Planet 51 tonight with their Dad. I listened from the other room while becoming engrossed in selecting photos from 2005 to upload to Sam's Club. 2005! I'm five years behind on my scrapbooking. *deep breath*

2 comments:

Kathy Habel said...

Such fun! I was thinking today I need to break the camera out more often to capture the things we are doing.

Michelle Blair said...

That looks like fun. I'm glad Kelly could participate with you guys.