Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Sunday

We began our morning listening to General Conference. It was nice to stay comfy and watch from our living room. I missed getting dressed up in our Easter finery, but only a little. The messages from Conference were wonderful!

We did a little basket opening and indoor egg hunt just as Conference was beginning...

...and then had an outdoor egg hunt later in the afternoon.

No family for Easter this year, not even a grandpa. But we had to shoot the traditional "who was at dinner" photo. I love my cute family. There were many messages from Conference this weekend about family. I can't wait to review them all.

Random event: The 7.2 magnitude earthquake that hit Mexico around 4:00 p.m. Kelly was cooking, the girls were playing in the living room, and I was pulling some towels out of the cupboard. The movement reminded me of a fun house without the fun. We stood in our door ways for at least 30 seconds waiting for the house to stop moving. I could see the mirrors on our closet doors moving, and poor Heather was shaking more than the earth. Very freaky.


3 comments:

Michelle Blair said...

So sorry you didn't have lots of family for Easter. I bet dinner was good though. Glad you guys are safe from the earthquake. The eggs look fabulous.

allypally said...

Looks like you managed to pull Easter off!! Well done!

Kristie K. said...

Your Easter looked great! i love spending time with my family too.

I was behind this year too, no dyeing eggs, no decorations, and no homemade cinnamon rolls for conference. But it all works out.

cute pictures....