Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Eve


Christmas Eve was a busy day.  Our baking was done, but I'd left the house cleaning until that day so that the rooms and bathrooms would be fresh for guests.  I won't do that again.  It's too hard to clean for hours and then enjoy the day.  Kelly and I delivered goodie trays after our taco dinner.  The presents were wrapped ahead of time, so that was a good thing.  We did watch a movie before bed, and our munchkins went to bed at midnight.  That, of course, delayed Santa's arrival.  I saw pictures of my Arizona family on facebook which made me miss our Christmas Eve gatherings.  Next year I plan to be ready the day before Christmas Eve so we can enjoy some family time together.  I took this picture before I went to bed.  Don't you just love your tree all lit up with presents surrounding it?  I do.  I've been known to sit in the quite and gaze at it just like I did as a child.  I love that magic feeling that Christmas brings.

No comments: