Sunday, September 10, 2017

After College Drop Off

I made the long trip home on Sunday. Some tears of love flowed as I said good-bye last night, but I was surprised at the joy and peace I felt as I drove away.  The word "joy" to me is happiness with a spiritual depth, and the peace I felt was definitely from a Divine source.  These were wonderful feelings to have as I left my cute girl.  We got her all set up, and she's in good hands...good friends already there, the opportunity to meet new friends, a beautiful campus and people who really care about making this a great experience for our young people.  She couldn't have landed in a better place. We bought a plaque in the bookstore with a quote from Joshua 1:9 on it. I love this, and it will be a great scripture for her to reflect on continually as she does new and hard things.  Before I went to bed, I looked at the "Find My iPhone" app on my phone. Our family iPhone map looks different now. But again, knowing she is in a good place warms my heart instead of making me too sad.  Exciting adventures await.

No comments: