Saturday, September 23, 2017

Melissa Turns 50

Today I celebrated my 50th birthday. Years from now I'll probably read this and think I was so young "back then." Right now, it doesn't even sound like the right age. It sounds too old! Today happened to be Tammy's annual girls' day, and she really wanted me to come. She invited my girlfriends to join her girlfriends so she could do something special for me. She had organized a present, with Shelly's help, and had gathered charms from many of my family and friends to put on a bracelet. Each charm had special meaning. I was overwhelmed at the kindness from my family and friends, and at the meaning behind the charms. No one duplicated, and all were perfectly chosen. Tammy was so amazing to do that for me.  We hung out at her party for a bit and then returned home where Kelly was making me a five star dinner. Instead of going out, and because the weather was perfect, we set up our dining room table on the back patio with our patio lights for ambiance.  Jenna created menus for us with choices on them, and then took our orders. I was blown away by her creativity and how fast she put this together! We had mushroom and chicken tortellini with garlic potatoes and asparagus. There were salads and limeade spritzers and a scrumptious Bundt Cake for dessert (thanks to Beth and Kevin).  It was a perfect night out with my closest girlfriends, and I couldn't have asked for a better group to hang out with. What a wonderful husband and cute daughter I have too! It was truly a special celebration.

No comments: