Saturday, January 18, 2014

Grown Up Friends

I love my friends as much as my girls do theirs, and it's so great each time we get together.  On Friday, while gathering at Corner Bakery to meet with my Moiola Mom friends, we ran into other friends.  Bobbi and Mary were there breakfasting, and Dina was in for a take-out order.  We got to chat for a minute.  It's so great to see Bobbi whenever I can, so this was a treat.  And three friends at once was a bonus!
On Saturday, some TwilightMom friends and I got together which was a bit of a challenge, but we made it happen.  Dana (left) was down from Oregon, so Casey and Sarah and I met her for a late dinner.  It was the only time we could fit it in, but how often does someone come from out of state to visit?  Ya just gotta make it work.  Dana was our cabin leader in Forks, and we have all stayed in contact via Facebook.  We figured we'd be catching up in person on our lives, but we got even more than we bargained for.  Casey ended up discussing religion, and we had a discussion about religion including Dana's conversion story.  We got to know quite a lot about each other and our personal journeys and desires for our lives.  It was a late night (2:00AM!), but we were so glad we could get all of our schedules to mesh.  Dana, if you're reading this, thanks for making the trip within your trip to see us!

No comments: