Saturday, March 22, 2014

Activity Days in Oz

My friends, Kathy and Suzie, who do directing, costuming and props for our church productions, were in charge of this year's Stake Activity Days for the 8-11 year old girls.  The theme was Wizard of Oz, and the decorations were to die for.  Jenna, Sarah and other 12-year-old girls were asked to be the poppies (helpers) for the day.  I've put captions below.  It was just too awesome for words.

The dining room

The class themes followed the brain, heart and courage wishes of the travelers, and a witch or two were present in that courage class.

The poppies helped the young girls come into Oz and travel around.  The entry had a house, red slippers and an awesome tornado!  Jenna and Sarah were tasked with helping the girls get ready to visit the Emerald City.  I'm so impressed with everything I saw.  I wanted to stay and be a little girl in Oz!

No comments: