Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Saying Goodbye to Young Women

On Sunday, January 3, I was released from my calling as the Young Women 1st Counselor. I wasn't ready for that, and I'm not sure how long it will take not to miss the young women of our ward. The tender mercy in it all (as opposed to being released from the Primary Presidency several years ago via text while I was out of town) was that 1) Sunday was my day to teach the combined lesson 2) I was asked to go with the girls to the temple baptisms a couple of days later, and 3) I was able to complete the birthday gifts for all the girls for the coming year. I saw the gift that these things were. Although I will miss being in the organization with my daughters, I know it's a good thing for daughters to grow with other female role models in their lives. I had that opportunity growing up, and I'm happy that my girls will get to know some great YW leaders during their time in YW.

No comments: