Saturday, June 4, 2016

50th Anniversary Jubilee!

This is the 50th anniversary of the Huntington Beach, CA LDS Stake. To commemorate, our stake opened the Stake Center to the community and offered tours, a historical video showing, a carnival, food and a variety show. The show was comprised of numbers from memorable numbers from our Stake Shows.  I pulled out memorabilia from my childhood including my Merrie Miss Banner and bracelet, and my Targeted flag.  

"Supercalifragilistic" from Mary Poppins was included, and I was able to teach the choreography and dance in the number like I did in 2009.  Heather was involved in the reprisal of "Seize the Day" from Newsies. That number was in one of the first HB Stake Shows we saw when we moved here in the late 90's.  It was amazing to be involved in the jubilee, and our friends loved being able to come and see another show.  We don't know when we'll be able to have a show again, so this was extra special





No comments: