Saturday, June 3, 2017

A Smile from Dad

My dad isn't moving and thinking so well these days, but every once-in-a-while I can say something that will make him laugh. After Kelly took him for a shave and a hair cut, I told him I needed a picture of my handsome dad. He found that amusing. It's in those moment that I see my dad, the one I knew as a little girl and a young woman. He has a dry sense of humor and loves to joke. It's hard to watch his brain deteriorate. It's not too bad yet, but it will get worse. The neurologist said that because he was a smart man, he will be able to hide it longer. He sounds like he knows what he's talking about and appears the intelligent man he's always been. But he doesn't know that some of the things he talks about are not in the right time frames or possibly didn't happen. I don't tell him. It doesn't matter. I just enjoy the time we have.

No comments: