Thursday, October 19, 2017

Lunch With The Secretaries

Today I drove to Brea to lunch with the ladies I used to work with at Buena Park High School. We were all secretaries in the large office, and I was 23 years old when I started working there in 1990. This was the first job I had in a school district, and I loved it. I loved the atmosphere and everyone I worked with. It's where I worked when I began my credential program and left to do my student teaching just before graduating from CSUF to begin teaching. These ladies were like second mothers or aunties to me and taught me so much. I am forever grateful for them.  Carolyn, in the bottom photo next to me, was the closest in age of the ladies who were in the office. She became a dear friend and influenced my love of Mary Englebreit and rubber stamping. She is so elegant and kind, and my heart was full after hanging out with the gals today.

No comments: