Friday, February 11, 2011

Scissors and Making Stuff

During the Christmas break, Jenna took some scraps from the spotlight arrangements I was making for the church display case and began creating. She has done this for years, and I've not blogged about it yet. At least I don't think I have. My short term memory skills are taking a dive, but that's a story for another post.

There have been many times when she has created something, and I only know about it because I find the scissors, tape, markers, scraps of paper, etc. on the table, floor, office desk, etc. Many of the things she makes end up being filed in the rubbish bin unless it's a book she's made (she has made about 30). The scrap pictured above was one that I couldn't toss. It was adorable, and Jenna communicated something we're not always sure she feels. When she has bad days or is feeling yucky (hungry, tired, frustrated) she focuses on the negative and often gives us lists of what's wrong in her life. I am so happy that she created something that communicates to us that she feels there is love in our home. She is surely loved, and we hope when she is grown that she remembers this above all else.

1 comment:

Michelle Blair said...

She is a sweet girl. I had two seconds to look at posts. Hope everything is good. I'll try and call you! Love you!