Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Soccer and a Doggie

In an effort to keep soccer pictures interesting (as opposed to the same old girl in the same old green shirt and socks), I have made a list of random soccer facts. We're a new soccer family, so all facts help in the learning curve.

1) You might get a coach who encourages the girls to pick a "unique" name. And then the banner people will be challenged to create an image to go with the name.

2) You can make new friends on a soccer team.

3) You will discover skills you didn't know you had, for example, being a naturally gifted defensive player. Then you have to get used to the coach not letting you be a forward like you dreamed about because you defend the goal better than anyone else.

4) Soccer hair can be pretty even when you're sweaty and red faced.

More random facts to come in the next couple of weeks. In other news, we have a dog. This will come as a shock to some of my family (Aunt Kathy), but we have joined the ranks of dog owner. We have "adopted" my friend's purebred Shitzu (I finally get to partially swear every time someone asks me what kind of dog it is), and the girls are in heaven. Here is a picture of Heather with Winston when he was a puppy in 2007. I cannot remember the name of the other puppy, but he was darned cute, and Jenna was darned cute too, so I posted the sisters' picture.

Winston was having to be separated from my friend's grandson because the grandson would be a little naughty when Winston was around (grandson is 12 months old). Winston would then nip, and the whole thing wasn't good. The separation was hard on Winston because he's such a people dog, and our friends decided they needed to find a home for him until next summer when grandson would be moving out. We have left next summer open in case our friends want Winston to come back and live with them, but for now, Winston is a Peterson. Can I just say that Peterson dogs are spoiled? You'll see. I'm sure there will be pictures and blog posts.

2 comments:

Michelle Blair said...

So cute. You'll love the dog! Welcome to the dog families.

shari berry bo-berry said...

cute dog! my sister's family also has a shitzu and they LOVE it! they are great family dogs!

paul lebaron is in my ward, and used to be our home teacher...he's great, and we love jaelyn too! "moldy girls" had me cracking up!