Saturday, November 19, 2011

Heather

With a about a week left to go in the grading period of the first trimester of 7th grade, Heather's report card is still sparkly. She is thriving at her new school, and her countenance remains joyful even after a long day at school. She is able to do homework on her own, take tests with little stress, and I can tell from the work in her binder that her teachers are on-the-ball. As if things weren't going well enough, I got this email response from Heather's Social Studies teacher after I emailed to tell her an assignment was going to be late due to a glitch in Heather's preparation for her presentation that day.

"Dear Ms. Peterson, Oh my gosh, I can't begin to tell you how bowled over I am by Heather's presentation. There were some really excellent presentations, but Heather's was in a class by itself. It was off the charts in every respect. I have always known that she's an excellent student, and a pleasure to have in class, but she was clearly in her element on this project. I feel so lucky to have such great and fun students.

I am not the least bit concerned about her homework questions being turned in after the break.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving."

1 comment:

Michelle Blair said...

That is awesome. I'm glad she is doing so well and not stressing anymore. Way to go Heather!