Friday, April 26, 2013

Spring Concert Time






Friday evening was OCMCO's spring concert.  The announcements were made regarding the name change to OC Millennial Choirs and Orchestra (still OCMCO) as well as the building of the new concert hall in Mesa, AZ.  I tried to get some pics of my hair and make-up, but they turned out to be silly diva pics.  Oh well, at least my kids will have pictures of me, right?  My friend, Sarah (pictured), was at the concert as well as my friend, Kim and her German-born mom.  We had two German pieces which she really loved.  My dad, husband and girls were also there.  We don't have the whole family at concerts very often due to expense and interest (it's a long time to sit for little ones, especially if the music isn't familiar), but it was Dad's birthday, and I want to keep exposing my kids to this kind of music as well as attending events in such a beautiful concert hall.  I already have a teenager who chooses the classical station on our radio every morning during our commute to school.  She spent three years in OCMCO's youth chorus, and I'm hoping to get Jenna involved for a bit of the same exposure as well.

No comments: