Monday, November 11, 2013

Veterans Day & A Movie

Veteran's Day has been a day to remember those who serve and with Instagram and Facebook, it has been a day for public thanks and posting of loved ones' photos.  I enjoyed seeing photos this year, and I put this one out there.  It hangs in my hallway and is a photo of my maternal grandpa, Clement Spencer, with some of his buddies in the Navy, WWI.  There were other photos I could have posted, and perhaps I will when I gather them all.  We have uncles on both sides who have served, and my cousin's son, KC, is currently serving.  Heather asked me why these men (and women) serve in the military.  It seems scary to her like it did and does to me.  My best answer is that there must be some added measure of Divine strength to the men and women who serve our country.  I don't know if I would be strong enough?  They are so brave and valiant, and I am continually grateful for their service.

The girls and I wanted to do something fun on their day off, so we headed off to an afternoon showing of Thor 2.  It did not disappoint.  Kelly and Heather went on Friday when it opened (11/8), and they saw it in 3D (cha-ching!) They said it was amazing in 3D. Heather was happy to go again even if it was just a plain old boring 2D movie screen.  Haha. We are such Marvel comic nuts, and we really enjoy these movies.  Okay, the actors (and actresses) are nice to look at too.  I'm glad we got to go do something fun in the middle of our hectic school and life schedules.

No comments: