Wednesday, April 29, 2015

A New Theater Experience

A few people know I have discovered a love for the backstage logistics that go on during a performance. The discovery surprised me because I like dancing, singing and performing. But even then, it's the rehearsals I like best. Tonight I had a new "backstage" experience as a lighting technician for MCO's Spring Concert performance of Elijah. I wasn't performing this semester, and the directors needed someone to call the lighting cues who could also read music and follow the score. It was a little nerve wracking, but once I got through a couple of bumbles during the dress rehearsal and learned the lingo, I kind of liked it. There is a lot of pressure knowing that key lighting changes were up to me to make happen, but I loved doing something that was so integral to the beauty of the performance. I guess I can add this to my resume now!

No comments: