Sunday, September 25, 2016

Birthday Weekend for Melissa

On Friday I turned 49. I'm almost a half-century old. That's hard to believe when I still feel like some young, hawt 20-something inside. The bod is moving more slowly, and changes are happening. Mostly I've carried extra weight since my bought with depression several years ago, and I'm too tired to do anything about it. Haha! Someday I would love to have this whole weight thing under control. I'd actually like to go back and appreciate my younger body that was NOT overweight, even though I thought it always was.  Live and learn. At any rate...

Saturday was Tammy's annual Girls' Day, and this year's theme was "A Night in Paris."  She had desserts and breads and delicious food, and the decor was soooo cute.  My friend, Trisha, came and sang at the little backyard bistro. She sang in French and English, and it was so beautiful. During her breaks and after her sets were done, we would visit and enjoy the party. Michelle and Sheryl were also there, and we had a blast being together.

Sunday was a quiet church day, and Kelly and the girls made a birthday dinner for me. We had Shepherd's pie and chocolate cake and cupcakes.  I felt pampered and loved. Here's to the first 49 years. Next year is the big 5-0.  Not sure I'm ready, but I am grateful to be healthy and happy and surrounded by loving family and friends.

No comments: