Sunday, December 25, 2016

Christmas Day

Christmas Day was busy, yet quiet this year. As the Ward Music Chairman with the 11:00 a.m. Sacrament Meeting time, I had the responsibility to organize the program for a multi-ward choir that would comprise the entire Sacrament Meeting program after the Sacrament was served for Christmas Day. We had just Sacrament meeting, met with the Mile Square and Single Adult wards, and we had an incredibly spiritual Sacrament Meeting program.  I didn't know if I could pick all the music and assemble the program, but with the help of the Spirit, I chose music which turned out to be easily learned yet beautiful in harmonies and messages of the Savior. It was, by far, my favorite part of my calling to date.  Kevin and Beth chose not to come this Christmas so, it was just the Peterson family and Grandpa. The girls requested turkey enchiladas, and they were delicious. Thanks to Judy, we had a beautiful Christmas card this year. Christmas Day was especially spiritual, and it felt like the perfect thing to do to go church in the morning and spend the day with family.  Our Savior is the reason for this season, and we feel blessed and grateful.

No comments: