Monday, June 29, 2009

Damage Control Monday!

What happens to your home when you're only in it long enough to make messes, and then you spend the rest of the time away from home?  Yep, that would be a disaster.  Today's to-do list included:

• dusting all surfaces
• scrubbing the kitchen
• making beds
• putting laundry away from last week
• vacuuming bedrooms and rugs
• sorting toy bins that have been neglected for months
• picking up clutter and putting items away from last week's shopping trips

Tomorrow's list will include bathrooms and mopping along with more laundry.  I am seriously craving some fun, creative time which includes organizing.  I don't have a lot to organize, but my photos need to be printed and there are other items that are waiting for me to have spare time to do.  And then there's always enjoying the summer with my girls without all the mess hanging over my head.  I think we'll be able to do that soon.  

Anyway, I did squeeze in a little decorating tonight.  It made me so happy!  Here is my 4th of July mantle decor.  It's probably a little crowded, but very festive.    



3 comments:

Kathy Habel said...

Cute decorations!

Michelle Blair said...

Very cute. I love your bell. Spend lots of time with your girls. The mess can wait.

Katie said...

WOW! I think you more than earned lots of exercise points for all that cleaning. I love your decorations. Every patriotic. :) I love 4th of July decor.