Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Gingerbread House

I have to admit that I have never been fond of making gingerbread houses. My mom made beautiful ones for her business after I left home, but I just don't enjoy the fine decorating. Plus, does the one you make ever look like the picture on the box? No sir.

My girls have enjoyed constructing and decorating gingerbread houses with each of their aunties, Beth and Michelle, so as neither auntie is here, I bought a kit at Sam's Club. It was really easy to construct, but the frosting and fondant didn't behave for me like I would have liked. The kids, however, didn't have a clue and had a blast.





Next year, we've decided to call the Holbrook family to get the information on their house making traditions. They use graham crackers and everyone gets their own house and frosting. I think I like that plan, and the kids would love to not have to share everything and have mom involved so much.

2 comments:

Michelle Blair said...

I think it is the fun making them not how they turn out. Your's looks great tho!

Kathy Habel said...

Fianlly catching on my blog and visiting other blogs! Hope you had a great Christmas!