Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Random Facts About Our Week

There are times when I post pictures on Instagram, but I don't get those pictures off the camera every day.  I selected these from a recent download that give a snapshot of this past week of our summer...


 The Summer Olympics obliterated any bedtime schedule we had.  The girls were going to bed quite late for them (ten-ish), but since the Prime Time airing was done from 8PM - 12AM, we now have some new night owls.  We knew three people personally who played in the Olympic volleyball matches that aired after 9PM.  What can you do?  The downside is that they have to catch up on sleep in the morning, so we've also been eating breakfast after 11AM.

 Pinterest led me to a great website with all kinds of fun dating ideas.  We pretty much know what we like to do, but I really appreciated the new twist on presentation.  These are movie tickets I printed with our date night information, and I left them for the hub in an envelope so he could open it before work.


 The humidity is a KILLER energy drain.  Some folks wouldn't think 91 was all that hot.  But with the humidity, it's awful.  I snapped this screen shot one day when I was walking around trying to get things done and just wilting.  I was thinking the forecast was only in the 80s, and 80 doesn't feel like this.  When I double checked, the forecast was still 82 degrees, but the thermometer was reading 91.  That explained a lot!  Oh how I'm living for our beachy weather to return.


 Jenna is our resident entrepreneur.  She knows babysitting is where the big bucks are, but she's only ten.  So she has set up shop in her room.  She has an art studio, and fix it shop and a beauty salon, and she charges a small fee for her services.  Kelly got a three-dollar manicure, and was a very good sport about it.  Way to do Daddy!


 Monday was hair cut day.  Everyone got one, even Winston

 Poor Winston picked up some fleas at our beach campsite.  He was at the vet before his grooming appointment getting a steroid injection.  Who knew that dogs could have allergies to flea bites?

 The girls found the Dominos a couple of days ago and have gotten quite creative!

Grace and Daisy are on the same softball team for winter ball, and they practice here in HB.  Tuesday the moms and daughters met after practice (Heather is playing volleyball this week), and we had dinner at Corner Bakery.  It was a blast!

1 comment:

Michelle Blair said...

Glad I'm on instagram with you so I can see all your updates. You know how terrible I am at blogging these days. :)