Sunday, September 23, 2012

Birthday Sunday

As of Sunday, I am officially half of a right angle.  That's what I told Jenna when she asked me.  It took her a few minutes to work it out.

Kelly made us a wonderful breakfast before church with waffles, hash browns and bacon.  After church, he and the girls worked in the heat to turn 2 ribeye steaks into...Shepherd's Pie!  I was so impressed.  We found out our oven was broken, but Kelly pulled it off using other cooking methods.  The girls were a big help, and I was not allowed in the kitchen.

After dinner, I opened presents and cards that had been waiting for a few days.  The girls made their own cards on the computer and assembled gifts from things we had around the house.  I loved all of my presents.  The biggest gift came a few days before my birthday...

It is the new Canon Rebel T4i.  I wasn't sure about this expense right now, but I figured by the time we could comfortably afford it, the subjects I wish to photograph would be off to college.  That sealed the deal.  I love this camera!


I sat on the floor and snapped this shot of Winston looking at me.  I'm going to have a lot of fun with this.  My birthday was so wonderful, mostly because of all the good wishes and thoughtful gestures.  I felt so loved.




1 comment:

Michelle Blair said...

That sounds like a wonderful birthday! That is so nice of your family to treat you right. Glad you had a great day. Love your camera!