Friday, September 14, 2012

Calendaring, Budgeting, Yada, Yada


On Tuesday morning, I spent a good hour going over our calendar.  I've been forgetting things or forgetting to tell Kelly things...not good.  We have just entered a period in our lives where are girls are both going to have sports practices aside from their music lessons and church activities.  We're not over-scheduling, but the activities definitely have to be listed so we know what's going on.

Organizing rule of thumb #72, have only ONE calendar in a central location.  I've had one on my fridge forever, and then there is the one in my purse.  I know I've been breaking this rule for awhile, but how else can I have my fridge calendar with me?  Well, I can with the iCal app on our phones, but I can't part with my pencil yet.  I did, however, update all 3 calendars because Kelly only uses iCal.   I was very proud of myself, and I will try to use the iCal app to see if I like it.  Old habits die hard which is why, even if I have the fortune to have an iPad, I will still love my pretty, papery, solid books over ebooks.  Does this make me 'old' being this set in my ways?  I think not, but I'm sure my kids will think it as they get older.  Oh well.



If we are ever going to begin making the repairs needed to our house, I have to get a budget together.  And then stick with it.  This store will be my most challenging budget buster.  Budgeting will kind of be like going on a diet.  Target will be the chocolate I'll need to give up (or use in moderation) if I want to lose some pounds (or save dollars).

I got this great gauzy fabric in the Halloween section today.  See what I mean?  Target is so awesome.  This is gonna take some major willpower.  Instead of thinking, "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels," I'll just have to think, "Nothin' looks as good as my new updated, non-moldy bathroom feels."  Okay, well, I'm trying.  I can do this, right?

No comments: