Saturday, September 22, 2012

Busy Saturday

It was a hot, busy, but very fun Saturday for the Peterson gals.  Dad was away on a Scout trip having his own fun in the heat.  Jenna had a 9AM soccer game, and she played really well.  It was humid and miserable, however, and we were all a little shocked that there wasn't so much as a breeze to cool us off.

After soccer, I met my friend, Angie, at the Boudin Bakery for a birthday lunch.  It is always a treat when she and I get to hang out.  She brought me a beautiful pumpkin basket with at fragrant spice candle inside.  Awesome and totally me!

After lunch, I picked my girls up and we headed down to Huntington Beach to see our friends, Daisy and Grace, play softball.  Daisy is Angie's daughter, and we met in our teaching credential program, graduated and had our first babies with in a month of each other.  Grace is Sheryl's daughter, and we met as mommies on the Kindergarten playground.  Small world when the daughters of my two dear, long-time friends end up on the same winter ball team together!  Daisy pitches like a madwoman, and Grace is a powerful hitter.  It was great to see them play!


Pilar, Heather, Daisy and Grace

Kelly and I were able to get out for a quick dinner at Super Mex.  I didn't care about a big birthday celebration because my birthday present was so awesome.  More birthday in the next post.  



1 comment:

Michelle Blair said...

That is so cool. Glad you have great friends and your kids do too!