Thursday, February 7, 2013

Choir Rehearsal & Soccer Treat

Another combined choir and orchestra rehearsal on Thursday evening found us packed into our rehearsal space.  It's nice to have the orchestra so that we can really hear what our music will sound like.  We're singing German, Latin, Spanish and even Hungarian this time around.  It is a bit stressful to memorize in other languages, but somehow we pull it off pretty well.  Because our combined choirs and orchestra will be attending the ACDA convention (American Choral Directors Association) in Dallas next month, we're striving for perfection.  The who's who of the choral directing world will be there, so it's a big deal.  I wish I was going with everyone, but I'm going to stay home this time.  I've been feeling impressed to be around that weekend with my family.  I know it will be a really exciting time, and I am happy for the conductors as I know the directors from around the globe will be impressed.



We don't often rehearse at this location anymore, but I love the view as I arrive and leave. 



While I was preparing for my rehearsal, Jenna was at her practice.  The coach's family brought cupcakes and sang to Jenna for her birthday.  That was pretty darn special! 



No comments: