Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day

We started our Valentine's Day in the usual manner with a heart path leading to the kitchen table for breakfast.  The girls found a treat on the table, and we had a nice breakfast.  Since it was a school day, we didn't do anything fancy (mom actually forgot the heart pancakes).  Jenna has been so enamored with the new toaster that she didn't even remember heart pancakes.  Heather has begun to crave protein to sustain her in the morning, so she had a scrambled egg.  I love doing a special morning of love for my girls.


One new thing I tried was an idea I found on Pinterest.  Beginning February 1, I taped a heart to each girl's mirrored closet door each day while they were out of their room (the original ideas was to put them on the bedroom door).  Each heart says something that is special about that daughter.  I had a couple of extra hearts that I put up on Valentine's Day including one that said, "Happy Valentine's Day."  They haven't said anything about the hearts, but I do catch them reading once-in-a-while.  I hope they liked their special notes.

We didn't do a special dinner.  I was at Volleyball with Heather, and Kelly was at Soccer with Jenna.  Thank goodness OCMCO took the night off.  We had a late dinner with candles, so at least we kept that tradition.  Kelly and I will need a date night soon to make up for it.



1 comment:

Jennifer B. said...

What great traditions!