Friday, July 5, 2013

July 4th and 5th

We had originally planned to be backpacking until July 5, so we hadn't planned a big celebration for the 4th.  I ended up with a stomach bug and was down most of the 4th.  Kelly put together a nice dinner of barbequed chicken with mushroom sauce, and he picked up some corn on the cob, potato salad and watermelon to add to the meal.  What a dude!  I'm thankful for him because he will step in when I'm down and because he's such a good cook too.  Everything was really yummy!

On the 5th I was feeling a little better.  As I was organizing and purging some old play-doh things, the girls found two of their tea set teaspoons in the play-doh stuff.  An impromptu tea party ensued with hot chocolate for the sugar, chocolate milk for the creamer and crescent rolls for the yummy food.  Jenna even baked ham and cheese into some of them.  I love their creativity, and that they still love to pretend.

Later that day, we all went to see Monsters University.  We don't go to the movies as a family very often, so this was a treat.  The movie was pretty entertaining.


No comments: