Saturday, August 31, 2013

After The War...



So did I mention it was really hot today?  I had one water bottle at the Civil War reenactment which didn't cut the mustard.  We left the park and drove over to get frozen yogurt.  It was heavenly coolness in a cup! The store was air conditioned which is always a bonus.  We drove from yogurt to the movie theater where we sat in another air conditioned room and watched Despicable Me 2.  It was very funny, and cool (did I mention the air?).

At home that evening, I sat in the pool in my clothes and then sat on the patio watching Jenna swim.  It had cooled off outside, but our house was still so warm.  We love these inflatible pools we've had over the years.  Not the same as in-ground, but cool nonetheless.  Along with the cool factor, I was really savoring the time with my girls.  Jenna hasn't started school yet, and Heather has not had a full homework load yet.  Kelly was gone on his outing with the guys, and it was just a great time to do whatever we wanted to on our own schedule.  I absolutely loved it.

No comments: