Monday, September 2, 2013

More Labor Day Weekend - Family & Fun

Sunday evening we drove down to Camp Pendleton, the USMC base about 40 minutes south of where we live.  My cousin, Kim's, oldest son, KC, is stationed there and awaiting his next deployment.  My cousins, Carrie and Joanna, had driven from Missouri and Arizona to spend some time with KC and his wife and enjoy the beach.  We had just a few hours, but we made the quick trip.  Jenna and Brooke (Carrie's daughter), and Heather and Kasey (Joanna's daughter) had fun hanging out, and I had a great time visiting with Carrie and Jo and my Aunt Marge.  My Aunt Marge is my mom's older sister, and along with their younger sister, my Aunt Kathy, they kept their kids in contact growing up.  We cousins appreciated this a lot, and we have tried to do the same with our kids, so chances to visit like this one are really cherished moments.


Kelly was supposed to be gone on his hike until Monday afternoon, so I was surprised to hear that he was headed home Sunday night and would be driving in around 1:00AM.  This meant that he and Heather could spend the day at Disneyland, which they did.  They opened the park at 8:00AM and stayed until dinner time.  Their passes expire next week, so they are getting in every last moment they can.  When you look at Heather's face, you kind of wonder if she's really going to be okay without a pass...


While Dad and sis were at the Magic Kingdom, Jenna and I went to early soccer practice at 9:00AM.  It was good to beat the heat, and it left the rest of the day open for shopping.  Jenna was even game to model some items for Heather to get Heather's approval before purchase.  The girl loves to shop.  Where did she get that from???


No comments: