Monday, September 23, 2013

Melissa's Birthday

What a wonderful birthday weekend.  Turning older just means more celebrating, right?  On Friday before our trip to Arizona, my girlfriends and I went to Corner Bakery for some lunch.  My friend, Kim, made the most scrumptious, fudgy brownies.  So delicious.  There was lots of chocolate including a piece of Russian chocolate.  So cool!  My friend, Sheryl, put together a yummy travel-munchie bag which came in very handy on the car ride.  As I mentioned in my Arizona post my family and I visited Frost and Caketini on Saturday, and then on Monday, some other girlfriends and I went to breakfast.  There was more chocolate, but not just any chocolate.  My friend, Michelle, bought a custom half-pound of See's (yum!) and my friend, Shea, brought chocolate back from Paris.  Yes, France.  I was floored.  My friend, Trish, bought me two dance classes at DeFore where we used to take class.  I was feeling the love!!! I found more chocolate on my porch throughout the day Monday from other friends, and I had to take the chocolate picture.  What better birthday could there be than a chocolate birthday?  Not pictured were the chocolate covered Strawberries from my brother and sister-in-law, and the See's gift certificate from my sister.  I was spoiled with other gifts as well, but I couldn't resist the chance for a chocolate post.  I'm off to put my new iPhone cover on my newly upgraded iPhone (birthday from hub).  It's been a great year, and my heart is full.

1 comment:

Michelle Blair said...

Glad you got lots of chocolate. Sounds like you had a great day.