Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Pests


Pests and pest-like activity have been seen in our house this past week.  The rice/pasta cupboard got a thorough cleaning after pantry moth larvae were found in all of our beloved grains.  Home Depot has a lovely item called, "Pantry Pest," and my cupboards now have this handy deterrent on the shelves.

Pest-like?  Can you say homework?  Middle School homework is back for it's second round, specifically sixth grade.  I think Jenna will do well, but until she is up and running, I'm at the table for a while each night showing her the ropes.  I was thinking recently how we leave high school or college relieved that we'll never have to do homework again! Huzzah!

Ha!

Depending on the number of kids one has, you can be doing homework for 20 years!  My homework journey began in 2004 and will end somewhere in about 2020, about seven years from now.  I deem it very pest-like because on some days it just BUGS me.  The other days, of course, I am grateful to be home and available for my two favorite students.  And my math facts are now in stellar shape.

Okay, I feel better now.  Thanks for listening.  Tee-hee.


No comments: