Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Unfortunate Events, Blessings and Amazing Women

 Driving home from Jenna's school today when I heard a thud and knew something was wrong. Luckily I was in the right lane and could pull in the Taco Bell right next to our house. Michelle came to wait with me for the Auto Club to come change the tire, and good thing! She drove me to Home Depot when the AAA guy told me I needed bolt cutters to cut the chain off the spar tire. She was a saint and so amazing to help me out. Kelly arrived shortly after to rescue me (I was walking distance from the house, but I didn't know how badly the tire or truck underbelly was damaged), and he finally got the chain off about the time the 2nd AAA guy showed up. The second guy was much more efficient and got it changed for us. No damage to the truck. The tires were fairly new so we only had to replace the spare, another tender mercy. This was such a bummer, but the hand of the Lord was everywhere today with my friend available to my husband able to leave work.

Later that night at YW, we had a great panel of women come and speak about their careers and schooling necessary to get there. We had nurses, physical therapists, marketing directors, a teacher and even a rocket scientist! These ladies were amazing! And I think the girls gleaned a lot. Jenna wasn't able to get there until the last bit, but that's when our engineer/rocket scientist spoke. So awesome to have a female math whiz talk about her skills. The ladies were all very impressive.

No comments: