Monday, December 29, 2008

Make It Happen Monday

Okay, so this isn't going to be the name for Monday every week, but today it was.  I mulled over names for Monday--Manage It Monday, Maintain It Monday--we'll see next week what fits.  Monday is normally my cleaning day.  After a slow start this morning, I realized that no productive cleaning was going to be finished today.  There were too many after Christmas items to deal with.  So I just had to dive in and make some things happen.  

After clearing the clutter from the entire house, there was still the office to deal with.  Ahhhh, the office.  Between the office and my garage, I don't know which plagues me more.  I walked in the office to meditate and try to figure out why it is so darn hard to get it together in there.  I have successfully organized and maintained it in the past, but it has been out of control for awhile.  When I walked in it hit me like a ton of bricks--I need more shelving or cubbies or something.  I approached the hub and we made it happen.  We went to IKEA as a family, shopped for shelving, ate dinner there and brought back our purchase.  The contents of the office were emptied and the shelf unit was assembled.  Tomorrow may have to be named Tackle It Tuesday!


Some of the guts of the office out in the living room.
The fabulous super-hub assembling the unit in the office.

6 comments:

Britten said...

Oh, you are starting! Ugh- that means I need to also. Crap....

Britten said...

Oh, way to go! I guess I need to be cheering you on too! LOL!

Michelle Blair said...

Good job for organizing. We are taking on the garage tomorrow. It is overwhelming too!

Kathy Habel said...

Ok so I need to get going... My house is getting so cluttered again.

Melissa said...

I love that we can inspire each other! You all are inspiring me!

Kathy Habel said...

I'm actually trying to tackle a few things today... but I'm the queen of getting sidetracked!