Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Twilight In A Nutshell

There are a bunch of fun holiday posts just below this (including snow from Grandpa), so keep scrolling.  A little Twilight teaser went out in our Christmas newsletter, so I thought I'd better post a blurb here for anyone who comes looking.  If you scroll down and back a few pages through the older posts, you'll find several pictures of the Hollywood after party I attended with some friends after the premiere.  Further back is a link to the KCAL9/CBS2 news interview I did with friends, Sarah and Jenny, from TwilightMoms.  I started this blog right after that interview and posted it because I was trying out the new blog thing.  

Way back in December 2007, I was looking around for anything and everything Stephenie Meyer and Twilight after reading and falling in love with the series.  I found a website for "older" fans called TwilightMoms.com.  It was the perfect place for any 25 and older fans.  Long story short, I joined the site, posted a ton and got to know some great women, ended up meeting new friends through the website, became a moderator, then a lead moderator, attended The Host signing in San Diego, the Breaking Dawn concert/book signing in Los Angeles this summer, and finished off with a trip to Forks, Washington with about 100 other Twilight Moms.  I may post some Forks pictures eventually.  I thought I was done with Twilight activities for awhile, and that's when the interview happened, followed by the premiere after party.  Oh, and there was the midnight showing of Twilight on 11/20 when it hit the theaters.  It has been so fun.  I have given or suggested this book to sooo many people, and so far 99.9% have loved it right along with me.  Some even joined TwilightMoms.  

Anyway, that's my adventure in a nutshell.  If you want to know about Twilight, I can probably answer your questions.  Hee, hee.

4 comments:

Kathy Habel said...

So glad we met through TMs!

~yoga~ said...

Merry Christmas Melissa!!!
May the Lord bless and keep you all this holiday season.

~yoga

Britten said...

And we are so glad you joined us! Love you!

Katie said...

Melissa-I have loved meeting you through TM's. You've been such a great friend and example to me! Merry Christmas!!!-Katieb