Sunday, September 13, 2009

Read This Blog

I have been trying for over a week to figure out how to post about a blog I've discovered. Nothing uber-creative is coming to me so here it is...

To the right of my blog page you will see a typewriter icon that says, "I read NieNie".  If you click on it, you will be transported to the blog of Stephanie Nielson  (StephaNie Nielson).  She is a 28-year-old wife and mother of 4.  She is a gifted writer and has been blogging for years. Her writing is beautiful and her photos are exquisite.  She is also the survivor of a fatal plane crash that killed the pilot and left her with burns so severe that her face and body have been altered forever.

Why am I telling you about this blog?  Because it has changed my life.  I did not know it, but I needed some perspective.  I got it.  

For some years now, I feel as though I have been standing in a room, hands cupped around several puzzle pieces, not knowing what to do with them.  I have carefully and deliberately collected each one of the pieces and know that there is a beautiful picture waiting for me if I can just figure out how to put them together.   To my back, there is a table with a smooth, flat surface, but I can't see it.  Hearing my dilemma you may think, "Just turn around and lay them out on the table!" Sometimes we can be so close to a solution, but unable to see it.  Sometimes we need a push in the right direction.  I believe I needed a push.

Stephanie's beautiful writing and her willingness to share herself with her readers is beyond amazing.  I am looking at my marriage, my children, and my own struggles in a new light.  If you have time (you will need a couple of hours), and could use a little perspective yourself, go to her blog and scroll through "older posts" until you reach January 2009.  That's when she began writing again after coming out of a 5-month coma.  She almost didn't make it to her 28th birthday.  I hope she inspires you as much as she has me and so many others.  Thanks to my sister for sharing this blog with me, and especially to Stephanie for sharing so much of herself with all of us. 

2 comments:

Clint and Jen said...

I read NieNie too and I so feel the same way, she has inspired me in so many ways

Michelle Blair said...

I think you should be a writer. You always express your feelings so eloquently.