Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Birthday Summary

What a fabulous birthday! I couldn't have asked for more friends or fun. In a nutshell I had Disneyland, lunch, gifts, dinner, more gifts, dessert...it was just so awesome. Here is the day in pictures. Get ready, there are a few! Thank you my friends and my superbly awesome hub and darling daughters. I had such a fun day!


Trish, Michelle and I headed for Disneyland at around 8:45 a.m. I was able to walk right up to the ticket booth and declare my special day. I collected my $72 gift card (thank you Walt!), took note that Space Mountain (ride of choice) was closed, and headed over to California Adventure with the girls. I think it was somewhere around 4 years ago we planned to go scream together at this park. Today was the day!

Before...

and during...

California Screamin' was such a scream, we got right back in line. Did I say line? There was no line! Michelle has unknowingly started a new tradition: saying something completely memorable on my birthday. On my 40th, she told me that not every 40-year-old could receive new roller blades for her birthday. This year, as we rounded the corner into the take off position, she yelled, "Our kids are in school and look what we're doing!!!" We laughed as we were whisked off from 0 - 60 mph in 5 seconds. Trish noted later that we should start every day like this. I concur.

On to The Tower of Terror, just to prove that these mommas don't sit on the bench while the kids do all the rides! (No offense if you do, I just don't want to because I didn't like it that my mom never had hysterical fun with us on rides.)

Is it bad luck if there is a thirteen minute wait on a creepy ride???

Dang. We're tall enough for the ride. Here's the before...

and the during...

and the after...

That was it for the wild and crazy gals. We were of to meet friends for lunch. On the way out, we had to stop and talk to Goofy.


At noon we joined with more friends at Corner Bakery for lunch. LeAnn, Darrell, Michelle, Trish and Marina helped celebrate. Notice the Edward/Jacob card near my face.

Here's a close up. My friends always come through with the chocolate fix. Love my new "Twilight Woods" candle from Bath and Body Works. Isn't LeAnn's wrapping hysterical! Those were yummy looking chocolates! She did the Jacob/Edward card too. The box had a Jim Shore bunny in it! I also received a gift card to Barnes and Nobel (squee!) and cute note cards with tons of chocolate bars! Woohoo!


Dinner time was lots of fun. Jenna and I came home from gymnastics to find Heather and Daddy hard at work on birthday dinner. Heather posted signs everywhere with well wishes and directions to the birthday festivities. Dinner was homemade tacos with homemade salsa, Spanish rice and the works!

In the living room, the girls had decorated my spooky tree with balloons. They like decorating. Don't know where they get that from??

My sister sent me a gift card to Tai Pan Trading. I wanted to buy something I normally wouldn't. This spooky tree asked me to take it home. The cute bowls did too. Hee, hee.

The birthday fairy came to do homework at the table while we waited for presents and pie.

Dessert was Claim Jumper chocolate silk pie. Laaaaaaaa! Yes, I had a piece. And then another later. Sigh. What a great day!

2 comments:

Michelle Blair said...

Yay, looks like you had a fun filled birthday. I'm glad you got to eat CHOCOLATE!

Kathy Habel said...

Glad you had a great day!