Thursday, October 1, 2009

Remembering

I went to the fabric store a couple of days ago to pick up some ribbon. As I was looking at the different colors, I heard a woman say, "Okay, let's go pick out the fabric for the skirt...". I turned to look and saw a little girl with her grandma, and both were looking at fabric for a pattern they had. The memories came instantly. I remembered when Carmen and I would go to the fabric store to look at material for something she was going to sew for the girls. They were too little at the time to realize how fabulously talented their grandma was. I could picture how much fun it would be for Heather and Jenna at their current ages to go to the fabric store with Grandma. I imagined what fun conversations they would have had. Then I walked to my car with my ribbon and my memories, and I dried a couple of tears.

Above, Carmen works on the hem for Heather's witchy skirt. Below, Heather in her finished costume with Jenna as a Hershey's Kiss. Grandma made that one when Heather was about 15 months old.

2 comments:

Michelle Blair said...

That is so sweet. It is good they will have some memories. I guess it is your turn to start sewing their costumes :)

~yoga~ said...

Oh,Melissa!

Those memories are the best kind.
{{HUGS}} to you and your precious girls.

XOXO