Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Spring Break - Day 3

When I am gone, my blogging journal will offer a beautiful picture of what I did with my family. Those poor grandchildren and great-grandchildren of mine won't have a clue that their ancestor was human. Of course I am not a deceitful person, so before I tell you what we did this afternoon, I'll give you the cold, hard facts.

We slept in until 9:00 a.m. We were in our pajamas until 1:00 p.m. There was serious danger today of cataloging another Couch Potato day. The girls were on Play Station with Lego Star Wars II for that entire time. I was on the computer. It was not a pretty sight. There you have it. We are totally human, and totally prone to the same behavior as everyone else.

As I peeled myself off the couch and reluctantly headed to the shower (at 1:00 in the afternoon), I knew I didn't want to let the day go to waste. I LOVE that my girls are home, and tempting as it may be to lounge, it is an extreme blessing to get them to myself for a whole week with no homework or schedule to worry about. I miss them being little when there was so much unscheduled time that I took it for granted. Not this week. To heck with the housework! Bring on the fun.

We put our bikes in the back of our truck and drove to Yo Yum Yum, a yummy yogurt shop down the street. After a delectable cup of yogurt, we drove to Mile Square Park and hit the walking/bike trails. There are a couple of small lakes and several play grounds throughout the park. We explored quite a bit of the park on our bikes until we found a play ground suitable for taller kids. It was a warm and sunny afternoon which was great for our ride. Later in the evening, we invited Caleb and Sarah over for a little Fort/Movie party. They watched The Squeakuel in a fort setting and munched on Kelly's home made kettle corn.

So yeah, although we had a slow morning, we got a little bit of activity in that we normally wouldn't get to do during the school week. Yay for Spring Break!






5 comments:

BakeliteBebe said...

I love those kind of days and I LOOOOVE frozen yogurt! Yummy!

Michelle Blair said...

How fun. I'm glad you made it out of the house. This is on my list of things to do when I come visit.

Kathy Habel said...

What a cool park! Great job getting out and getting some exercise!

Sheryl Mosher said...

Yay! I am very proud of you all! Since the Moshers tend to have "I'm in my pajamas until late afternoon" days every day, I'm glad to see that some people can resist that temptation and go out and get exercise. Fun exercise at that! and yogurt! Hooray for Spring Break and for motivation and for fun. I'm glad you guys had a spectacular day. :)

Jennifer said...

I am SO with you--I love spring break, LOVE having my kids around like when they were little, and love taking half a day to get out of the house. You are smart to not stress over scheduling early morning stuff--we have early morning schedules the whole school year, so we should enjoy lazing about when we can. I don't know you, but I wish my kids could just bike around that park with your kids. Sounds so fun. (Hopefully not creepy to you!! :)