Wednesday, May 11, 2011

My Mother's Day

Mother's Day began with a great breakfast prepared by Kelly and Heather. After church I got to lounge while Kelly prepared dinner. I had accidentally signed up to have the missionaries over for dinner, so we dined with them. Kelly made chicken fettucini Alfredo with mushroom-garlic Alfredo sauce. Very yummy.

After the Elders left, we opened gifts. Heather made a gigantic card and gave me some slippers; Jenna's card was awesome and she wrapped a box of tissues for me to use while I read her story she'd written at school (the tears just didn't come, but we did need some tissues). Kelly presented me with an iPhone4 which I was needing. My 3G was one of the originals and wasn't running the updates anymore. All in all, it was an awesome celebration. I felt very loved.


After presents, we had a small family night lesson/family meeting on having a house of order. We listed all of the things from Doctrine & Covenants 88 about the kind of house we need to have, and then we graded ourselves with a check system. Order got a resounding check minus. We discussed chores, pitching in and made a plan for everyone to help out. We'll see how it goes.


Dessert was yummy pie from Claim Jumper. What a great Mother's Day!

1 comment:

Michelle Blair said...

I'm glad you had such a nice day. That is awesome to get so much love!