Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Teenager? & Pinterest Decor

Sunday, Monday and Tuesday were marked by the snarkiness of my preteen. What is snarkiness you ask? It's when your sweet, adorable first born turns into a sassy miss bordering on disrespectful. I wanted to let it go, but found myself reminding her now and then to be careful. I explained what a button was and what pushing someone's button meant. Disrespect is one of my buttons. When I went to bed Tuesday night, I found this sticky on the calendar with a decorated white board adjacent to it marking more self-awesomeness. I just laughed and wondered when it would pass. The answer is, today. She woke up sick and has been down and subdued. Whenever Jenna is tantruming (out of sorts) overly so, I usually can tell she's going to get sick the next day. Does snarky equal pre-sick? I wish. Unfortunately, I think there's more to come, and this just happened to be a coincidence. At least we can say that Heather does not have self-esteem issues.

In other news, Valentine's Day came and went with minimal decor. I had to hang this today, though. I had seen it on Pinterest, contacted the artist, and ordered one for our family. I just love it. It's still the month of love, so it can hang for a while in all it's cuteness. Although they look about the same color, the top heart is lavender and the second is pink.

1 comment:

Michelle Blair said...

Sorry you guys are sick. I'm glad Heather thinks she is awesome. I have pre teen ugliness too. I wish they were still little. Love your hearts!