Thursday, February 16, 2012

Thursdays

Thursdays are busy days for our family now that we've added Jenna's soccer practices to the mix. We send Heather off to OCMCO, get Jenna to soccer practice, prepare dinner, receive Heather back from OCMCO (if we are fortunate enough to carpool), and then I dash off leaving Kelly with homework and showers (the dishes don't really rank very high on Thursdays). We could probably send Jenna with someone who is also going to practice, but Kelly and I both enjoy being with our girls at their various events. Because Kelly was occupied last Thursday and Heather home sick, I got to take Jenna to soccer. It's really lovely to sit and have nothing to do for a whole hour. No other moms really come, so I can read to my heart's content.

Speaking of choir, it's a bit challenging for me this time around. The title of the concert is Classical to Broadway. Sounds fun, right? The classical includes German, French, two pieces in Latin and one in Hebrew. I have been trying to wrap my brain around the soprano lines in Beethoven's 9th Symphony. It is so high during most of the piece that I cannot sing it. I am a 2nd Soprano and can sing a G, but that seems to be my limit. I'm not sure what I'll do. Maybe lip sync? I guess I will still have to learn the German so my acting is genuine.

No comments: