Monday, June 18, 2012

Choosing Modesty


Isn't bathing suit shopping fun?  Not.  I dread it due to my white skin and extra size, and I've come to dread it a little bit with my girls.  They look fabulous in bathing suits, don't get me wrong.  It's finding one that doesn't try to look like a future Victoria's Secret model (which to me is a ridiculous concept at age 10 or 12--no offense to anyone who doesn't agree).  Poor Heather had an awful time this year, finally found something, and had it nearly fall off in the pool.  She's in the weird in-between-kids-and-adult-sizes stage.  We ended up on the Justice For Girls website and got her a one piece that was not too cutsie, and something she felt totally comfortable in.  Jenna loves any fashion, but she is committed to modesty.  We found this darling two-piece tankini that was long enough to cover her stomach.  She was so excited to find a tankini that wasn't backless or bikini-like.  She squealed with delight when she found this, and she happily posed for a picture when she wore it for the first time.

No comments: