Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Countdown

                                   
One regular school day and four half-days left.  It can't come soon enough.  The closing of our elementary school has been traumatic, and the environment has been different.  We're excited to move on and look ahead to some alternative educational options for fifth grade.  Middle school has been hard work this year, and just before the end I find myself needing to learn how to factor trinomials.  When I log off here, I have to go remember how to solve quadratic equations.  Why? Because my middle schooler is overwhelmed, done and missing instruction that here teacher is trying to give these last days of school.

Summer, summer.  Where art thou summer?


Until next week, I'll keep some of that good medicine on hand that makes everything better.  But not too much.  I'm trying to cut back.

No comments: