Sunday, June 3, 2012

Weekend Wrap-up

Well, my weekend started Friday morning with my good friend, Sheryl.  We breakfasted (and could have lunched) at our local Corner Bakery.  Love, love, love that soul-filling visiting time.  It had been too long!  Heather had track practice on Friday afternoon, and we ended up chilling and watching a movie Friday night (Hannah; wouldn't recommend-too depressing).

On Saturday, Kelly went to the beach.  It is his first time playing weekend volleyball in the year 2012!  He was excited to go.  He got a snazzy hair cut that morning and spent a few hours on the sand discovering muscles he hadn't hung out with in a while.  The girls and I had a late breakfast and accomplished some chores.  Once Heather was all finished, she eagerly awaited her dad's return.  To kill time she texted him photos like this one...

Good thing he was on his way home, huh?  Kelly spent the afternoon with the girls helping them get out the pool and get it cleaned up.  I got a ton of take-back errands done, and then I headed out to spend the evening with some TwilightMoms friends.  We celebrated Sarah's and Mary's June birthdays (these are my movie-set-friends from a few years back), and then we went to see Snow White and The Huntsman.  Good film.  Charlize Theron is epic as the evil queen. Very entertaining!


Today we slept in, had breakfast and went to church.  I have taken to drawing names and examples on the chalkboard with my class to try to help them follow the time line of the scripture stories and link the people and places together.  My kids are all about 10 years old, and I feel like I lose them sometimes when I'm teaching.  Today one of them made a connection between one of my examples of being an instrument in the Lord's hands (like a hammer in a carpenter's hand or and flute in a musician's hand), and it was just the boost I needed to feel like I was getting through.  We teachers need those moments! After a taco-leftover dinner, I went to the 4th of July practice while Kelly played games with the girls.  I probably don't need to be writing all of this down, but sometimes a day-in-the-life post is good if for nothing else, but to show the kids what an average day was like when they were young.  It would be so fun for me to have read something like that from my parents!  Hope you all had a good weekend too!

No comments: