Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Life Happens...

They say that life happens when you've made other plans--actually they say that sh-t happens when you've made other plans, but I'm going with the cleaner version.  

Here is/was the plan:

Get up for school and go to school every day.

Here is what happened:

Jenna had horrible earache and stayed home/visited doctor on Monday.  Good news is false alarm; bad news is missed day of school.

Heather, after random stomach ache, weird random temperature spike and sinus congestion that lasted for over two weeks, visited the doctor's office to learn she has a hideous sinus infection.  Yes, that is two girls, two co-payments and two doctors in two days.

Life happened.  For someone who likes to know what to expect and tries to plan things to run in an expected and organized manner, this is not the way I like it.  I am grateful that the girls are relatively healthy though.  I am so much better at "rolling with it" in my older and wiser years.  My stress level is higher because I'm worried about how to keep the girls and myself on schedule, but what can you do?  Perhaps the lesson I should be learning is that I would be less stressed if I was on my A game.  Having all my ducks in a row would help me not get so far behind when the wrench is tossed in.  The A game.  If I had an A game, I could be on one.  I'll work on that.

2 comments:

Michelle Blair said...

Glad it's nothing too serious. I hate back to school when they catch germs

Jennifer B. said...

Ha Ha. I'm with you on the A game. It's hypothetical, right?