Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Emergency Prep and Pumpkin Carving

As hurricane Sandy ravages the east coast, it is hard not to reflect and wonder if we would be prepared to lose power for ten days and actually use our food storage.  Our 72-hour backpacks are set, we have our 50-gal water tank filled in the trailer, but I wasn't sure about our longer term food.  So, Heather and I hit Costco after school today and loaded up on water bottles and canned goods.  Getting everything put away was a challenge because of the mess of my shelves.  After two hours of sorting and clean up, we now have our food and water organized.  Yay!



After dinner, we set out to the carving.  The girls were so creative.  Thanks to their Daddy, they know how to draw a design on paper and transfer it to their pumpkins.  They get excited to look on the internet for ideas, and then they get to work.  I was so impressed with the results!





Where is my jack-o-lantern you ask?  Well, I leave the carving to the experts, and then I do my part.  Clean up is my specialty.  

3 comments:

Jennifer B. said...

Love the jack-o-lanterns and your food storage is inspiring. Time to get organized!

allypally said...

Those are some seriously awesome food storage shelves. I'm jealous!! (And I know where you live. And I could walk there in an emergency!!)

Michelle Blair said...

Glad you are very prepared. Looks good. We didn't get to carving a pumpkin this year. Not sure really why, but glad you did.